Saturday, January 25, 2014

I look forward to Sunday

There is a quote by one of my church leaders where he says, "Sunday will come." He emphasized that the Savior of the world, Jesus Christ, went through the deepest of all pain and suffering, bled and died on the Cross, and then--Sunday came! The day of the magnificent Resurrection. Here are the words of hope this leader shares:
There is much more to be understood of these words and this doctrine, but as for me in my life right now, I have a profound respect and gratitude for Sundays.  I respect how others to use this day, I do not judge them for their choice.  I have felt that it is important for me to set aside school on Sunday, and use this day to be together as a family and worship the Lord. It represents a day of service, and teaching, and being with others of our faith...and not of our faith. It represents a BEAUTIFUL day of rest from the relentless rigors of Medical School. I am so grateful that God gave this day, the seventh day, to rest from our labors. He created this day for man, NOT man for this day.

Another reminder why I love Sunday
Today, Saturday, I woke up at 5:30 and went to the school to study until lunch. For lunch, my family and I had an opportunity to be with some medical school friends for a little birthday party. I had so much fun being with Jackson and Rachel. When lunch was over, my son Jackson looked up at me and said, "Daddy home now?" My heart just about broke. He wanted me to come home with him. He just wants his dad to be home on a Saturday. I sadly had to tell him that I had to go back to school to study. Yet, I knew that Sunday would come and it is finally here.

No comments:

Post a Comment